Latest English Language Requirements for Spouse Visa Of UK!

Starting 29 November 2010, migrants who are the partner of a British citizen or inhabitant and who desire to live in the UK will be requisite to show that they can speak and understand English. The new immigration rules will have an effect on the spouse of a British citizen or resident from countries exterior the European Economic Area (including Switzerland).

To demonstrate English language skill, you as a spouse will require showing one of the following:

•Come from English-speaking country;
•Pass an satisfactory English language test, for instance IELTS, approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA);
•Have a degree taught in English which is authorized by the UKBA.

English Speaking Countries:
The UKBA accepts the following countries as being majority English-speaking countries:
•The United States of America
•New Zealand
•Antigua and Barbuda
•the Bahamas
•St Kitts and Nevis
•St Lucia
•St Vincent and the Grenadines
•Trinidad and Tobago

If you have a bachelors degree educated in English determined by UK NARIC to be equal to a UK Bachelor's degree this will convene the English language requirements. The UKBA will not recognize Master's degrees or PhD degrees taught in English as proof of English ability for the reason that UK NARIC can only review whether Bachelor's degrees were taught in English. It furthermore seems to be the case that in prospect it will be more hard to meet the English language requirements for those applying in say the Tier 1 visa or Tier 2 visa of the points based system. It will no longer be the case that Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applicants will be capable of showing English language ability by having a Masters Degree or PhD taught in English.


Anonymous said...

is esol entry 1 accepted?

Post a Comment