Search:

Child Benefits Of Canadian Immigration

If you have kids under 18, the Government of Canada might assist you with the cost of supporting them. This monthly, tax-free payment is known as the Canada Child Tax Benefit, or CCTB.

The quantity of this advantage is based on more than a few factors, for example your family earnings, the figure of children you have and their ages, and the region or territory you live in. When you submit an application, you have to give proof of your Canadian immigration status and evidence of birth for any of your children born outer of Canada.

Applying for the child benefit:
To take delivery of the CCTB, you have to file an Income Tax and Benefit Return every year. If you have not been an occupant of Canada long sufficient to file a return, you will require to complete a detach form to state your world income.

You can obtain these forms and more information on the Canada Child Tax Benefit by calling the Canada Revenue Agency’s toll-free enquiry service at 1-800-387-1193 or by visiting the agency’s website.

If you live in Quebec, you should submit applications for child help and send any information about a change in your family state of affairs straight to the Régie des rentes du Québec. Though, for a child born in Quebec after December 31, 2006, you do not have to apply. The Régie will be notified routinely.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Ontario and am having a child in mid-year. Will I be eligible for Child Benefits?

Comrade said...

Families who have children mid-year must notify the Canada Revenue Agency right away. You should also list the child for the Canada Child Tax Benefit and file your income tax return if you haven’t done so previously.

Most entitled families will begin to take delivery of their advantage within 80 days of submitting the Canada Child Tax Benefit application. Retroactive OCB payments for which the family is entitled are included in the first payment.

OCB eligibility for newborns start in the first month after the infant is born. For instance, if a baby is born in September, OCB eligibility begins in October.

Visit the Canada Revenue Agency website to download the Canada Child Tax Benefit application. You can also ask for a form by calling 1-800-959-2221.

Aubery Addams said...

I am a native person living on set aside and I'm not required to file an income tax return. How do I turn out to be eligible for the Ontario Child Benefit?

Comrade said...

The procedure to receive the Ontario Child Benefit is the same for all Ontario families. You and your husband or common-law partner has to file an income tax return and submit a Canada Child Tax Benefit Application to be eligible for the Ontario Child Benefit.

Even if you are not typically required to file an income tax return, you have to do so to be eligible for the Ontario Child Benefit. To carry on receiving the Ontario Child Benefit, you and your spouse or common-law partner has to file an income tax return each year.

Aylar Lie said...

I have moved to Ontario from Alberta. Am I eligible for Child Benefits in Ontario?

Comrade said...

You will require updating the Canada Revenue Agency of your change in address. You and your spouse will both need to file your income tax returns and register your child for the Canada Child Tax Benefit. If you are entitled, you will begin to receive the Ontario Child Benefit. You won’t require to fill out any other forms.

Khalid said...

I am a new immigrant to Canada living in Ontario. Am I eligible for Child Benefits in Canada?

Comrade said...

You may be entitled for the Ontario Child Benefit if you, your spouse or common-law partner is:

• A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a protected person; or
• A temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the past 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month.

You and your partner will both require filing your income tax returns and registering your child for the Canada Child Tax Benefit.

If you are qualified, you will start to take delivery of the Ontario Child Benefit. You won't require to fill out any other forms.

Anonymous said...

I am a PR planning to move to Ontario in June, 2011. Can you pls advise if I can file my forein income now (or adive me when) to be eligible to receive CCTB upon arrival (my kid is also PR ) thnaks

Anonymous said...

I am a PR card holder. Will be permanently moving to Ontario in June, 2011. Please advise if I can file any tax return now (from abroad, my foreign income) so that upon arrival my two kids will be eligible for the CCTB. Or is it more complicaated then I see? please advise

Mary Ann Hermosilla said...

Hi I have a Canadian daughter but I'm a Filipino Citizen I went to Canada Before as Visitor suddenly I giving birth after 6month of giving birth i bring my daughter here in Philippines and she was 4 years old already.... If I entitle to apply for CCTB?

Post a Comment