- Canada is the world's second largest country(by area) after Russia.
- Canada consist of 10 Provinces and 3 territories. --- Provinces: (Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, , Saskatchewan). --- Territories: (Yukon, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories).
- Canada is a bilingual state where English and French are two official languages. French is majorly spoken in the province of Quebec.
- In current years, the fastest growing ethnic group of Canada is Asians.
- Montreal is Quebec's biggest city and is the hub of French art and civilization in Canada.
- Ontario is the Canada's most populous province. On third Canadians live in the province of Ontario. Ontario's main cities are Toronto and Ottawa (Capital of Canada).
- The province of Manitoba is also called as the "bread basket" of Canada because a large amount of the nation's wheat is grown there. The largest city of Manitoba is Winnipeg.
- Alberta is Canada's main producer of natural gas and oil. Largest city of Alberta is Edmonton.
- British Columbia has major sources of Logging and forestry. It is Canada's western- most province. The biggest city of British Columbia is Vancouver.
- Almost half of the Canada is covered with forests.
- There are approx 31 million people live in Canada.
- Canada ranks the number 33 in population in the world.
- More than 80 per cent of Canadians live in towns and cities in the southern areas within 250 kilometres of the United States border.
- There are 25 cities of over 100,000 people in Canada. These cities represent only 0.79 per cent of the country's total area.
Important information about Canada
Following is the important information about Canada which will very helpful to you in interview of Canadian Embassy.