How to obtain a police certificate in Pakistan for Canada Immigration?

Pakistanis need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence or any other kind of Canada visa.
Following is the procedure of obtaining a police certificate from Pakistan

1. People who are currently living in big cities of Pakistan:
People living if big cities of Pakistan must provide a Police Clearance Certificate or Police Character Certificate. Application forms for police certificate in Pakistan are obtainable at the “Town” or “City Police Officer” of your region.

The SHO or City Police Officer will issue the requisite police certificate and will send it back to regional police office where you can collect your certificate. Normally it will be ready within one week.

2. People who are currently living in smaller cities, towns or rural areas of Pakistan:
You may ask for an application form from the local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of the Police Security Branch. The Superintendent Police (SP/SSP will issue the necessary police certificate directly to you.

3. People who are currently living outside Pakistan:
Normally, while you are residing outside of Pakistan, you may get a Police Clearance Certificate directly from the local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police (Security Branch) for the division from which the Police Clearance Certificate is required.

To obtain a police certificate for Canada Immigration from Pakistan, non-nationals or non-residents may need to produce:
  • Attested photocopies of their passport, including all the pages showing their legal stay in the current country of residence.
  • Attested copy of their CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card).
    2 passport-size photographs.
  • Authority letter in the name of their immediate / blood relative to get this clearance certificate on their behalf.
  • Affidavit of 20 Rs on judicial stamp paper from the family member who will obtain the police clearance certificate, stating that he will obtain the clearance certificate on behalf of the overseas relative.
  • If you are not present inside Pakistan, you are directed to contact the nearest embassy or consulate (general) of Pakistan for help in getting police certificates.
Note: The Canadian High Commission (CHC) in Islamabad, Pakistan cannot help you in this regard.

Source: CIC Canada


Anonymous said...

How can I get application form ?

Post a Comment