The type of physiotherapists is one of the occupations listed in the 29 most demanded occupations for the Canada’s General Skilled Migrant Program. This profession being present in the listing means that the Canadian government is engaging foreign trained physiotherapists to look for permanent resolution options in Canada. A physiotherapist is working in hospitals, treatment centers, clinics, sports organizations and so on. They can also run their own personal practice.
Qualifying and decisive factors of 3142 Physiotherapists:
•The candidate must have a degree in physiotherapy together with practical training done under supervision.
•A claimant for must have a knowledge of at least one year as a physiotherapist.
•A person should have experience of around 2-4 years; real number of years of experience to submit an application under this profession is dependent on many factors for example whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties and Responsibilities of 3142 Physiotherapists:
A physiotherapist is expected to carry out some or all of the duties stated below:
1. Planning and executing programs which involves education, therapeutic exercise, massage, manipulation and with the use of other mechanical equipment etc.
2. They have the option of specializing in any particular clinical area such as pediatrics, neurology, and orthopedics and so on.
3. They might have to conduct research in physiotherapy.
4. Evaluating the physical abilities of a patient via functional ability tests.
5. Assessing the effectiveness of the treatment and amending them as per the needs.
6. Based on the physical diagnosis, chalking out the goals for the treatment.
7. Maintenance of records for clinical as well as statistical and consulting with other professionals from the health care industry.
Despite the above, there are other duties which are expected to carry out by a physiotherapist in Canada. If you are a physiotherapist who is seeking immigration to Canada, do not delay in writing to us in the comments below.