4 Major Ways to immigrate to Canada

There are 4 major ways to submit an application for Canadian immigration, 3 permanent residence classes and 1 temporary class. If you are seeking immigrate to Canada you must think which of the following classes you are in as this will help with your application:

Skilled Worker (Points Based System)
This is the trendiest class. To be qualified for this class, you should have as a minimum of one year of continuous full-time experience in an entitled NOC (National Occupational Classification) occupation under the 38 defined occupations.

You as the candidate will be honored points for your age, education, experience in the work place and your English and/or French ability. You may also be awarded additional points for adaptability factors such as:

Your partner's qualifications
If you or your partner have studied for at least 2 years in Canada
If you have relations in the form of a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild in Canada
If you are presently working in Canada or have arranged employment, points might also be allocated to you for this.

If you have qualifying relations in Canada who are eager and eligible to sponsor you, there is also the Family Visa option. There are guiding principles around 'sponsor' eligibility, for example the person must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. To be classed as Family the person should be either : a spouse, common-law or conjugal partners; dependent child, parent or grandparent; an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild (under 19).

This option is sub categorized into three sections;
1. self-employed,
2. Entrepreneur and
3. Investor.
The Self-employed immigration to Canada class is narrow to farmers and applicants who will be of cultural, artistic or sporting value to the country.

For immigration to Canada in the Entrepreneur class, you must have past 'business experience' in a 'qualifying business' for a particular period. Under present regulations, applicants must also possess a net value of at least $300,000 in Canadian currency.

Applicants who want to immigrate to Canada under the Investor Class must have a total net value of at least $800,000 in Canadian currency and invest $400,000 (Canada) of this quantity with the Canadian Receiver General for 5 years.

Temporary Visas
Temporary Visas come in the form of work permits or student visas.

You may be entitled to submit an application for a work permit if you are offered a job by a Canadian employer which cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen. The employer has to convince the Human Resources Department of Canada's labor market appraisal and then you can submit an application for a work permit, which will be issued for the period of your employment contract.

If you are hesitant of which class you should apply for immigration to Canada under, write it in comments and you will be advised accordingly.


Anonymous said...

Iam a 40yr. old woman from Pakistan. I have got admiision in a college in Ontario for diploma course. i want to go with my spouse & 3 children. Will I get a student permit ?

Anonymous said...

Surely you will get a student visa. And your family members can also accompany you

shrijeet said...

I am a Nepali student.I have completed my BBS in year 2008.I took Academic IELTS on 25th/July/2009(Li:7.5,Re:6.5,Wr:6.5,Sp:6,Overall 6.5).I applied for Canadian student for thrice.But unfortunately i could not get it.So now i am thinking to apply as federal skilled worker.Can i apply now with that IELTS score?I worked as an assistant treasurer before completing my bachelor level and i got promotion after completing bachelor.In this situation, can i show the work experience including the time i worked as assistant? do they count the year i was working as an assistant treasurer and give the number?

Anonymous said...

what about PNP...??
Any ideas...??

Post a Comment