Canada Fiancee Visa

Canada is certainly one of the most accepted immigration destinations in the world, and definitely for good reasons. Known for its lenience and recognition of diverse races, beliefs, values, religions, and cultures, it is a country where people from a broad range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds can truly feel at home.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), which is liable for overseeing almost every aspect of the Canadian immigration process, recognizes the value of reuniting families. In actual fact, family reunification or family immigration is an essential goal of Canada’s public policy. Spouses, partners, and dependent children who move toward Canada through a Canadian sponsor are referred to by CIC as the Family Class.

Canada Marriage Immigration and Family immigration law in Canada is quite different compared to other English-speaking countries for example England, New Zealand, USA and Australia. Dissimilar to UK, USA and Australia, Canadian immigration law does not present any advantage of a Canada fiancee visa category. For example, permanent residents and citizens of the UK and Australia can bring a foreign spouse or partner to their country on prospective marriage visa or marriage immigration. There is a special K-1 fiancee visa category in US immigration law that permits a US citizen to bring a foreign fiancee to America for the reason of getting married. Unluckily, there is no comparable visa category in Canadian immigration law. Canadian sponsors, who desire to bring a foreign fiancee to Canada, must decide between the unmarried partner or common law partner and conjugal visa categories. The conjugal partner visa is usually used by Canadian citizens and permanent residents in the place of the traditional fiancee visa.

While the description of a partnership is quite severe, Canadian immigration law recognizes that certain factors may stop couples from living together for a wide period of time, or entering into a lawful marriage or civil partnership. Canadian sponsors have an undoubtedly defined and legally-binding compulsion to provide financial support for their foreign spouse, partner, or same sex partner. This compulsion also applies to any dependent children who are given derived status on an immigrant visa application.

Canada grants immigration to couples who are not only married or living together, but also to those who are not able to meet the requirements for a spouse or common law visa due to justifying circumstances. If you have a foreign partner or spouse, and are eager to bring them to Canada on a permanent resident visa, there are three types of visas that you may be entitled to follow.
1. Canada Marriage Immigration
2. Canadian de facto partner visas
3. Canadian same sex partner visas


Post a Comment