While writing an effective resume for a new grad or entry level RN while having no prior experience, emphasize on your clinical, internships and nursing school curriculum to make an influential entry-level RN nurse resume. View our Sample RN Nurse Resume for a newly graduate nurse below in order to make your effective one.
Make an impression on employers with an eye-catching resumes and cover letters from the experts at our Resume Writing Service.
Sample RN Nurse Resume - No Experience
Sara K. Peter
25 Example Street, Houston TX 98888
[Contact #], [Email Address]
Enthusiastic and fresh registered nurse (RN) with particular experience in mental health unit. Developed well-built psychiatric-assessment and treatment -planning skills through current internship at Houston Department of Corrections. Understanding of psychotropic medicine management, supervision and training.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Trustworthy, decent healthcare personnel with aptitude to stay peaceful in urgent situations. Intervene during emergency, facilitates groups and learning seminars, and collaborates on multidisciplinary teams. Demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other health professionals.
Houston College of Nursing, Houston TX | June 2009
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), GPA: 3.4 (Dean's List)
• Chosen as one of only seven student nurses to be admitted into internship program after thorough selection process.
• Treated a usual of 16 patients every day. Gained knowledge in procedures for instance cryotherapy and trigger-point injections.
• Successfully completed training in team building, administration of assaultive behaviors and psychotropic-medication management.
Jan 2010 – June 2011
Houston Department of Corrections, Houston TX
• Actively took part in development and execution of individual action plans for patients with wide variety of mental health issues
• Make sure that doctors' orders were efficiently carried out, together with testing, medical procedures, consultations and stat orders for five-point control
• Served as Internee RN at hospital located inside maximum-security correctional facility housing around 3,100 inmates
• Assigned to the mental health disaster unit and played a main role on interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, RNs, social workers and adjustment officers
May 2008 – Jan 2010
Houston Downtown Hospital, Houston TX
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations
• Handled medicine management, dressing changes, IVs and all other aspects of nursing care
• Facilitated admissions, discharges and transport; organized chart notes and other documentation
• Worked under the direction of an RN providing bedside concern, action and clinical documents for patients on cardiac, oncology and medical-surgical floors
• Patient and Relatives Education
• Patient Support
• Case Organization
• Critical-Care Nursing
• Patient Evaluation
• Psychiatric Nursing
• Quality & Permanence of Care
• JCAHO Standards/ Compliance
• Medicine Administration
• Texas State Nurses Association, Member | Jan 2009 - Present
• Bucks Psychiatric Hospital, Volunteer | June 2007 - Present