Canada Immigration - Apply for One out of Four Classes

There are 4 major classes allowed for Canadian immigration. These are
  1. Skilled worker
  2. The family Class
  3. Business classes
  4. Temporary worker or student

1. The skilled worker class:
This is also called the points based system of Canadian Immigration, is the most popular class under which to apply. The applicants are granted different types of points based on their age, education, work experience, and their know-how in English or French. Points can furthermore be granted if a person has arranged employment or is already working in Canada. Additional points can be awarded for factors for instance a partner's qualifications, or if a person had formerly studied in Canada for at least two years. Special considerations are made for people that have family previously living in Canada.

2. Canada immigration in the family class:
A person must have a Canadian residing family member who is entitled and willing to be their sponsor. These sponsors are required to hold a Canadian passport or be a permanent resident. These comprise a husband or wife, conjugal or common-law partners, dependent children, a parent, or grandparent. They might also be a sister or brother, nephew, niece or grandchild that is orphaned and under 19 years of age. Any family member who currently has no other relations living in Canada can also be a sponsor. Most often the usual family class application is by individuals who are presently engaged or married to citizens of Canada.

3. Canada immigration under the business class:
It will be separated into three sub-categories which are the investor, the self employed and the entrepreneur. Those wishing to apply for immigration under the category of self-employed will have to provide a business plan that has been extensively researched; possess sufficient capital and a good amount of solid experience for establishing a Canadian business. The net worth of the entrepreneur must be at least C$300,000 and must have past understanding in a qualifying business. Within three years of arrival the entrepreneur will have to set up or purchase a business which creates at the very least a single new job that is full time for a citizen of Canada. An investor's net worth should be a minimum of C$800,000 and they will be required to make an investment of C$400,000 of that in the Canadian Receiver General for a period of 5 years.

4. Temporary visas for Canada immigration:
These are allowed for students or workers. These workers must be presented a job offer that could not or else be taken by a Canadian. The issuance of the work permit is for the length of service, which does not typically exceed three years. Canadian employers are uncertain in hiring foreign workers except there is a certain skill advantage that they possess or there are labor shortages. Most workers on a temporary visa were on a transfer to Canada from their current employer. Students who enroll in a qualifying Canadian institution have the alternative to put in an application for a student visa. This allows the student to study full-time and to work partial hours.


Anonymous said...

Thanks to answering my following question

what are the 4 main classes under which a person might immigrate


Post a Comment