Investor Immigration | Canadian Business Immigration

The Investor Immigration Program under Canadian Business Immigration seeks to be a magnet for experienced business people to invest in Canada’s financial system.

Important Note:
CIC has started receiving applications having minimum capital of 1.6 Million dollars. Your submission will be processed at the visa office where you submitted your application.

The process of Investor Immigration under Canadian Business Immigration may differ depending on the visa office. Though, some processing steps are same to all offices. Following is the step by step procedure of Investor Immigration under Canadian Business Immigration

The application assessment process for Canadian Investor Immigration:
After you present your application of Investor Immigration, a CIC officer will confirm that you have submitted all the necessary documents with your application. The officer will confirm you have:
•Completed your application form appropriately and signed it
•Paid your fee
•Included the required behind documents if you used the normal application process.

If you have submitted an application using the Simplified Application Process, the visa office will make contact with you and request you to give the essential documentation approximately four months before your application is processed.

The visa office where you submitted your application will send you a letter when it receives your complete application. The correspondence will tell you what you require to do and what happens next. If your submission is not complete, the visa office will return it to you without processing it.

Processing time of Canadian Investor Immigration:
The length of time it takes to process applications varies depending on where you applied. You can check application processing times on CIC website

Medical Examinations:
You must get ahead of a medical examination previous to coming to Canada. Your dependants must also go by a medical examination although they are not coming to Canada with you.

Criminal and security checks of Canadian Investor Immigration:
If you have a criminal history you may not be permissible to enter Canada. People who cause a risk to Canada’s security are not allowable to come to Canada either.

If you want to immigrate to Canada under Investor Immigration of Canadian Business Immigration, you and any family members 18 years of age and older who arrive Canada with you have to provide police certificates to the visa office.

If you submit an application using the normal application process, you must submit the police certificates along with your application. If you submit an application using the simplified application process, the visa office will make contact with you and ask you to give the required documentation at a later date.

The decision:
The CIC official will decide on your application based on numerous factors, including:
•Whether you meet the definition of an investor
•The points you build up under each of the five selection factors.
•The results of your medical examination
•The results of your criminal and security checks
The visa office will make contact with you if it needs additional documentation or if you are required to be present at an interview.

If your application is accepted, you will be asked to submit your passport to the Canadian visa office where you applied so as to receive your permanent resident visa.

Change of Address:
If you shift or amend your address, telephone number or any other contact information after you present your application, you have to contact the visa office where you submitted your application.

Confirmation of Permanent Residence:
If your application is accepted, the visa office will issue a permanent resident visa to you. Your permanent resident visa comprises your affirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your entry visa. Your COPR will contain identification information in addition to your snap. Please make sure the information on your COPR to confirm it is correct. It ought to be the same as the information on your passport. If there is an error on your COPR, contact your visa office. You must have your COPR and your visa with you when you arrive in Canada.

Making your investment for Canadian Investor Immigration:
If your application is accepted, you have to make an investment of C$400,000 in a particular time before a permanent resident visa will be issued. In the majority of cases, you have to make the investment within 30 days. The visa office will send you a letter with further instructions. Your permanent resident visa will not be issued until you create your investment.



Người Sài Gòn said...

May I ask what will happen to this investment of $400K? What will likely be the annual return and when will the investor be able to withdraw this sum after becoming a permanent resident?

Comrade said...

But why do you want to withdraw your investment?

Người Sài Gòn said...

Because it depends on the return on investment. If it is allowed, one would assume that the ROI of this amount similar to the interest earned on Canadian government bond risk-free rate ( which is low ) compared with alternative vehicles (which have risks but higher returns as well plus hundreds of them to choose from ). Therefore, once a permanent residence is granted, is it possible to withdraw this amount and invest elsewhere for better retunr?

Người Sài Gòn said...

One would assume that the return on investment (ROI) of this amount is similar to the risk-free rate of the Canadian government bond. Therefore, once a permanent residence is granted, one would radically prefer to withdraw this amount to invest elsewhere with higher return albeit higher risks notwithstanding hundred or thousand of alternatives to choose from. Remember a 2% or 3% difference on the ROI of $400K is about $8K-$12K p.a. plus the control mental

sammy jackown said...

you can get a USA marriage by marrying in the United States and filing for an adjustment of status (Form I-485) to that of permanent resident.

farry said...

I hope you enjoy being here I look forward to seeing your posts :)

business immigration attorney said...

Looking to expand or shift your business in other state or country. The biggest problem you will face is to clear all the formalities and legal concerns. These must be done in a professional way. If it is not done professionally, you will face legal problems in running your business. We must contact an expert and experienced attorney to help us.

Post a Comment