This occupation comes in the category of 311. This is also one of the extremely demanded 38 professions required for Canadian Immigration. The labor pool for this line of work is fairly vast.
General practitioners and family physicians make a diagnosis and treat the diseases, physiological disorders as well as wounds of patients. They provide major contact and permanent care toward the administration of patients' health. They generally work in personal practice, counting group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Residents in preparation to be general practitioners and family physicians are incorporated in this unit group.
Example Titles of 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians:
- Family Physician
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Medical Doctor
- Resident, General Practice
- Company Physician
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor, Family
- Doctor, Medical
- Family Doctor
- Family Physician
- Family Practitioner
Main duties of 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians:
General practitioners and family physicians carry out some or all of the subsequent duties:
- Check patients and obtain their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other analytic procedures and discuss with with other medical practitioners to assess patients' psychological and mental health.
- Set down and manage medications and treatments.
- Give sensitive care management.
- Provide emergency care.
- Carry out and help in routine surgery.
- Give a vaccination to and immunize patients.
- Deliver babies and give pre-natal and post-natal care.
- Counsel patients and their families on health care together with health promotion, disease, illness and disaster prevention.
- Give counseling and support to patients and their families on a broad range of health and lifestyle issues.
- Perform patient support role.
- Organize or manage primary patient care.
- Provide incessant care to patients.
- Oversee home care services.
- Report births, deaths, and contagious and further diseases to governmental authorities.
Employment requirements of 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians:
A Bchelor's degree
In Quebec, achievement of a college program and one year of pre-medicine university studies is generally required.
Graduation from an approved medical school
2 to 3 years of family medicine residency training is required.
Completion of the qualifying examinations of the Medical Council of Canada
Licensing by the local or territorial licensing authority are required.
Additional information of 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians:
General practitioners and family physicians may turn out to be specialist physicians with extra training.