Construction managers’ plans, organize, direct, control and assess the activities of a manufacture company or a construction department inside a company, under the direction of a general manager or other higher manager. They are employed by housing, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies’ exterior the construction industry.
Example Titles of 0711 Construction Managers:
- Commercial construction manager
- Construction manager
- Construction superintendent
- General contractor
- Housing construction manager
- Industrial construction manager
- Pipeline construction manager
- Project manager, construction
- Residential construction manager
Main duties of 0711 Construction Managers:
Construction managers execute several or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and appraise construction projects from start to end according to timetable, disclaimer and budget.
- Set up and submit construction project budget estimation.
- Plan and set up construction schedules and milestones and supervise progress against established schedules.
- Organize contracts and discuss revisions, changes and accompaniments to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and put into practice quality control programs.
- Stand for company on matters for instance business services and union contracts negotiation.
- Organize progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Direct the procure of building materials and land attainments.
- Employ and supervise the activities of subcontractors and secondary staff.
Employment requirements of 0711 Construction Managers:
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is generally required.
- A master's degree in project management perhaps required.
- More than a few years of experience in the construction business, including experience as a construction administrator or field superintendent, are typically required.
- Wide experience in the construction industry might alternate for post-secondary education requirements.
- Specialized engineering status or construction trade qualifications may be required by some employers.
Additional information of 0711 Construction Managers:
Succession to senior management positions is likely with experience.